Sunday, March 30, 2014

into the woods

Well, I think it's safe to say that we are in the thick of it.

Real pain started on day +3. We've started scheduled Morphine and Ativan (for nausea). He can have Benadryl/Phenergen when his Zofran and Ativan aren't keeping him from throwing up. Today Elijah has a fever. This is completely normal for this time, but still scary for me. He is sleeping a lot and not eating. He is on TPN and isn't able to handle any feeds, food, or drink at this point. However, heis still mostly tolerating my breast milk, so there's that at least. He hasn't been wanting to get out of bed. I got him to paint a little bit yesterday and Adam got him to today for about 5 minutes.

                                    


My poor babe. I love you so much and I wish I could take all of this away. I know in a few weeks your body will start to grow strong again and your wonderful smile will come back, but right now I'm so scared for you. 

This too shall pass. 

The other babies are having a tough time. Actually, we all are. Trying to hold it together though.

Thank you to those who are keeping up with us and for all of the prayers.

       


Lots of love to all of you.


3 comments:

  1. I'm praying for strength for your entire family. I can only try to imagine how hard this is for you both. I guess a lot of napping is good for Elijah since he feels so bad. I'm looking forward to the next smiling picture you post of your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete